DIRECTIONS TO CLARICE SMITH PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Students age 6 and above as of the date of the event -- through 12 grade
Ages 6-9 2 contrasting pieces performance : time limit of 4 minutes
Ages 10-11 2 pieces from different periods : time limit of 5 minutes
Ages 12-13 2 pieces from different periods : time limit of 6 minutes
Ages 14-15 2 pieces from different periods : time limit of 8 minutes
Ages 16-18 2 pieces from different periods : time limit of 10 minutes
1. Last year's winners may enter competitively.
2. Students must perform from memory.
3. A published copy of the music must be presented to the judge. Measures must be numbered. Students without music will not be eligible for an award. Those presenting photocopied music must submit the appropriate form to the Chair prior to the performance.
4. Age is determined as of the day of the event.
5. All compositions must be original--no arrangements, excerpts or unauthorized transcriptions may be submitted.
6. Time limits will be strictly enforced.
7. Repertoire may not be changed after the deadline.
8. STUDENTS MUST STAY FOR THE ENTIRE RECITAL IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN AWARD. Please plan accordingly.